Neemrana Fort Palace, Delhi-Jaipur highway, Rajasthan
Neemrana Fort Palace is among India's oldest heritage resorts. It is Rajasthan's closest palace from New Delhi, situated at 122 kms. on the Delhi-Jaipur highway - only 100 kms from Delhi's international airport. Sited on a majestic plateau, concealed in a horseshoe formation of the billion year old Aravalli ranges.
Built since 1464 AD, Neemrana became the third capital of the descendants of Prithviraj Chauhan III, who was killed in battle by Mohammad Ghori in 1192 AD. This picturesque site was chosen by Raja Rajdeo and Neemrana derived its name from a brave local chieftain Nimola Meo, who when defeated by the Chauhans, pleaded that his name be given to his lost kingdom.
The property covers 25 acres/10 hectares and the stepped palaces of this architectural jewel cut into the hillside to sprawl over 3 acres/1.2 hectares and rises to 10 levels commanding the most splendid views. Including a vista pool to the horizon. From 1986, the ruins of this Fort-Palace have been sensitively restored and reconstructed. The rooms are furnished with an eclectic mix of traditional Indian and colonial furniture, antiques and objets d'art. Most rooms have private balconies or terraces and the loos are designed to have views!
Facilities at Neemrana Fort Palace Comprise:
- Accommodation : 40 rooms ( 33 double beds and 38 Single Beds) spread at 10 levels.
- Conference hall at Nazara Mahal - 50 seats and Darbar Mahal 100 seats
- Restaurants - Breakfasts and Snacks - Raj Mahal, Hawa Mahal and Lunch & Dinner - Aam Khas, Panch Mahal, Amaltasse, Aranya Mahal, Holi Kund and Maha Burj
- Swimming Pools
- Health Club
- TV / Video Room
- Indoor Games
- Mountain Climbing
- Dune Walks
Neemrana has a variety of rooms with different views and decors. Neemrana has all the facilities of a Modern 5-star resort. But more than that Neemrana is visited by many a tourists for the sheer experience it provides of living in the royal past.
Within Fort Walls
- Games: Playing cards, Chess, Carrom board Treasure Hunt, Musical Chair
- Library: Book reading
- A guided tour of the Fort
- Free yoga and meditation exercises
- Ayurvedic rejuvenation and other Holistic treatment after Consultancy with a Doctor
- Swimming pool, Jacuzzi
Outside Fort Walls
- A guided tour of the 18th century Stepwell can be arranged on request.
- Camel cart rides can be arranged on request
- Trek to the watchtowers on the hills
Try Flying Fox – India's first ever aerial zip-line experience, exclusively at Neemrana.
This unforgettable airborne adventure, flies you high in the sky along super-strong steel cables suspended between hills tops and battlements. Soar with the peacock and gods over the trees and crags of the two billion-year old Aravalli mountains on this thrilling 2 hour experience. Highly trained guides ensure your safety and supply you with entertaining commentary on the history, culture and ecology of Neemrana. With imported safety equipment.
Autumn/Winter/Spring : October to April. Max. 31oC, Min. 11oC
Summer : May & June Max. 42oC, Min 25oC
Monsoon : July to September Max. 25oC, Min 22oC
Ayurvedic massages and rejuvenation programmes are offered.
Swimming pool and health spa facilities for residents only.
Some Key Things to Remember
- Fixed menus are offered at the per head rates:Breakfast Complimentary, Rs.800/- for lunch and Rs.900/- for dinner. (taxes extra)
- Most Saturdays during the season have a special cultural performance followed by a Mandatory Gala dinner @ Rs.1600/- plus taxes.
- Breakfast is served from 7.30 to 9.30 am, lunch from 12.30 to 2.30 pm and dinner from 8 to 10 pm.
- No charge for children below 4 years and half rates for children below 10.
- Bar facilities are available for residents only. Personal liquor is not permitted.
- Visitors will be charged Rs. 500/- entry ticket for visiting public area for 2 hrs (100% adjustable against the room tariff and 50% adjustable against the lunch buffet-but not against snacks.
- Charges for Non-residents : Breakfast Rs.500/-, Lunch Rs.1000/- (taxes extra).
- For Non-residents Sundays Lunch buffet @ Rs.1200 (taxes extra).
- Non-residents, without prior lunch bookings, are not allowed entry, even if the Fort is not fully chartered. Non-residents' rate (Mon-Sat) is Rs 1000/- (+tax) per head for lunch and for visiting the public areas for 2 hours only between 12 noon to 3 pm. Two children below 12 are allowed with parents.
Bookyour Rooms at Neemrana
1494 299900, 246006-8
1494 299900, 246006-8
Mobile: +91 9414050068