Kolad: Untouched and Unexplored Destination Near Pune
When you want to get away from work, worry and stress, take a break from the city life and enjoy with hot new destinations that are waiting to be explored.
Plan a one day trip to a picturesque little village, Kolad, 100 kms away from Pune.
Kolad is located south of Panvel to Goa on NH 17 connecting Nagothane - Kolad - Mangaon. It lies on the banks of River Kundalika. It is three hours by train from Mumbai, via Roha by train.
You Could also approach the same via Mumbai Pune Express Highway - Pay toll and take left at Khopoli exit. Head through the over bridge towards PALI. Pass through SH 96 - pali famous for its Ganpati temple. Towards Bhira you drive on to SH 60 which towards right leads to KOLAD.
Kolad has a varied climate; spring (March to May) is hot and sultry, while the monsoon season (June to September) is accompanied by heavy rainfalls. Winters are during November and February and are characterized by medium level of humidity and cool weather. The best time to visit here is from June to March.
Rivers and waterfalls are good post monsoons.
- Kundalika River
- Bhira Dam (Tata Powerhouse Dam)
- Dholwal - Pui Dam
- Ghosala Fort
- Kuda Caves
- Tala Fort
- Sutarwadi Lake
- Kanal Avenue
- Tamhini Falls
- Jananni Hill
Place to visit
- Resorts in wilderness near / around the river and dams.
- Kundalika river river rafting and camping throughout the year.
- Water falls on state highway 60 towards pune in the rains.
- Adventure sports Rafting, Rappelling, Jungle camping, kayaking, Para sail, Aeromodeling & all kind of outdoor activities.
- 6 Degrees - There are no strangers on this planet.
Some Important Refrences
White Water Rafting, Kolad
At Kolad - Kundalika Cottages
Pooja Farms, Kolad