How to Plan a Vacation on a Budget
|How to Plan a Vacation on a Budget|
Vacations are a great way to break out of a city rut, an opportunity to have a good time and experience with your family. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to plan a good vacation. The trick is a combination of good research on cheap family vacations, best travel deals, unexplored places, local food & restaurants and good homestays, while also adopting the mindset that indulgences do not always have to be expensive.
Here are some interesting tips for planning a small budget vacation without compromising on the luxury and fun of a vacation.
- Choose your destination wisely!
- Explore the unexplored weekend getaways for exploring something new!
- Plan a road trip as this can save the price of airfare off your trip.
- Search for good homestays, guest houses or service apartments around(find them on google, go to facebook pages to read reviews of people who have been there and make your decision accordingly.)
- You can check out budget hotel, vacation rentals, homes options on oyo rooms, treebo, airbnb
- Look for local food options(research it on Tripadvisor) you will find many good budget restaurants and cafes to hang around with friends and family
- Eat bigger meals early in the day. When you do dine out, do so for breakfast or lunch. The lunch menu at a standard sit-down restaurant tends to have cheaper prices than the dinner menu.
- Look for best travel deals around. (makemytrip is a good bet to search for best deals)
- Look out for Types of Things you would like to do on your vacation like top attractions, outdoor activities, shopping, cafes, nearby excursions etc... to keep you busy and to make your vacation exciting with family.
- Plan your budget well in advance. There are lot of family vacation planner apps available. check out 5 Best Apps for Planning Your Next Vacation
- Stock your alcohol and snacking tit bits to save on extras. Look for alcohol deals near you.
- Avoid peak times. Major holidays and weekends are busy times.
Hope these tips would help you plan your vacation better! Keep in touch!